Book Reviews – What’s New?

On this page we have ideas for what to read. Add in a comment about a book you have recently read that would be good to share with others. Write a few sentences to describe what it is about (without giving away too much) and what type of reader might enjoy it. If you try out someone else’s reviewed book, also make a comment to them – using their initials – and say what you thought. Remember to be respectful to their opinions and to address them using their initials. For example:

Hi BK. I read your reviewed book and I thought it was a great read too. I would also recommend it to others who enjoy mystery stories. I also believe that people who enjoy humourous stories would really like it too.

Have fun adding your reviews and…

HAPPY READING!!!

39 thoughts on “Book Reviews – What’s New?

1. I have recently read “The brilliant world of Tom Gates.” I would reccomend it to people who like comics because it isn’t too long. This is about him in class and what he does. It is kind of like Diary of the Wimpy Kid!

2. I recently finished an amazing new book called ‘Dairy of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck’. The main character ,Greg Heffley, is on a losing streak. His best friend, Rowley Jefferson, has ditched him, and finding new friends in middle school is proving to be a tough task. To change his fortunes, Greg decides to take a leap of faith and turn his decisions over to chance. Will a roll of the dice turn things around, or is Greg’s life destined to be just another hard-luck story? This book is truly deserves a ten out of ten rating!

3. I having been reading a book called Grimsdon by Deborah Abela.It is about some children that have survived the floods and have been living on top of a mansion.I recommend reading this book if you are into adventure.

4. I recommend “A Series of Unfortunate Events” series because I personally think it is a great series. It’s all about three kids and a guy called Count Olaf who treats the kids badly. If you don’t like things that are unhappy, don’t read this book. But it really is a great book to read!

5. Another book I recommend is “Lily Quench” series because it has FANTASTIC description. And it is also good for the Premiers Reading Challenge!

6. I recommend that you should read Enid Blyton’s book series Malory Towers. It is a series of books about a girl who is facing Boarding School.

7. Hi NW, I read the book you recommended and I really enjoyed. Although it was unhappy I still liked it. It was really interesting and whenever you read a page you will always feel like you want to keep reading. Thanks for recommending the book.

8. I recommend that all people who like reading adventure stories should certainly read the WHOLE series of the ‘Percy Jackson’ books. The main character, Percy Jackson finds out he is a half blood and his dad is Poseidon. But that is the least of his worries! The evil titan lord, Kronos is raising from the dead. Percy and his friends, Annabeth and Grover, go on dangerous adventures to try and stop him from destroying the world.

9. Hi NW, I read the first book of the “Lily Quench” series. I agree with how you said it had fantastic description. I also recommend this book to people who like fantasy.

10. EVEREST is a good book for the kids who like adventures and challenges. There are 4 books. I have read 3. I think lots of kids in my class will like this story because Miss B made us smart.

11. Hi KJ, I have read most of the Goosebumps books and I agree. It is very interesting and if you want some chills, read Goosebumps!

12. Hello fellow students of the world, if you enjoyed LL’s Percy Jackson series, by Rick Riordan, you would enjoy the heroes of Olympus books (though they are very long), the Kane Chronicles and the Maze Of Bones (39 Clues).
    I hope you enjoy reading them!

13. I suggest to read the Nellie and Letty books of the “Our Australian Girl” series because it is so interesting. There is over 30 books and it has information about the time in the year of the book, for example 1879. I recommend this to anyone but sometimes it is kind of sad.

14. I recommend the book, The Mysteries. It is about kids who go and find random mysteries in their village. There are 5 books for the series and there are three stories in one book.

15. I recommend that you should read ” A Friend for Grace”. It is a great book and it is great for the Premiers Reading Challenge.

16. This is my my 3rd recommendation because all the books I read are really great books which I think everyone should read. That’s why I am commenting. So the book I recommend is “It’s True You Eat Poison Everyday” by Peter Macinis because it has interesting facts about POISON!

17. Hello fellow bloggers, I am currently reading a book for my little sister called Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend. Even though I am reading it to her, it is really interesting for me! It is a great book that has lots of great stories. Join the main characters Horrid Henry, Perfect Peter and Moody Margret for lots of everyday problems made interesting. It is a great book that I definitely recommend to all of you.

18. I have just finished a wonderous book called “The Phantom Tollbooth”.
    It’s about a boy named Milo, who always regarded learning as “the greatest waste of time of all.” That is, until he received a mysterious tollbooth and a pedal car. Having nothing else to do, he pedals his way through it, unaware of the strange world he was entering, beyond anyone’s imagination…

19. Recently I have been reading a book,Goosebumps-Welcome to the dead house recommended by AJ. It is really creepy, but at the same time really cool. I would recommend this book to other people!

20. For English rotations I have been reading Clearing the Pack. I think it is a great book to read for the footy fans. If you are a footy fan you better read this book then!

21. I am reading “The Great Escape” by Emily Beam and it is about two mice, Nutmeg and Tumtum. They go to the human world to help their friend to try to avoid him going to the pet shop and get bought from people.

22. I have also read the book recommended from AJ, “Goosebumps-Welcome to the dead house” and I agree with LL and think that it is sometimes creepy but cool as well. I also think it has great description and it is really interesting.

23. I have also read the Heroes of Olympus series recommended by AH. They are sort of the next series from the Percy Jackson series. I recommend this series to anyone who likes myths.
    I also have read the 39 Clues, also recommended by AH. They are really good as well. I recommend this series to anyone who hasn’t finished their Premier’s Reading Challenge.

24. I have just finished reading many books from the ‘MY Story’ series and it is very good for someone who enjoys learning about the past by reading diaries! Especially AN.

25. I have recently finished a book of “My sister the vampire” series and I loved it. I have been reading these books for a long time and I never get tired of them. It is about Olivia (the human) and Ivy (the vampire) who met at Franklin Grove and they had no idea they were twins. They became best friends and they have exciting adventures together and trying to find out about their bio mum and what happened to her. Olivia also got to be in a movie which made her famous and she is loving her new life with her sister and her bio dad. I really recommend this, it is a great book.

26. I have recently been reading “Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Hard Luck”. I love the book so much, it is my third time reading it. Some of the series of books I connect to. It is about Greg having a hard time with life and his best friend. On his mum’s side they weren’t really connecting as a family but at the end everything comes back together and he has a better life. I hope you guys read it. I personally think it is a great book and I hope there will be another book of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. 🙂 !!

27. Hi PT! I tried to find “Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Hard Luck”, but I couldn’t find it! Instead, I found “Diary of a Wimpy Kid – The Ugly Truth”, and it was funny while being interesting as well! I loved it!

28. Lately I have finished nearly three books and one of them I’m still reading.The book that I liked the most out of Boy Overboard, Specky Magee and Worry Website (I haven’t finished) has to go to Specky Magee on first, Boy Overboard at second and the Worry Website at last. I think Specky Magee has to come first because it wasn’t too long and was interesting at the same time. The story was about a boy who is really good at soccer but his mum and dad aren’t enjoying it as much as he is, but one day he finds a photo with a picture of him when he was 2 years old wearing football clothes. This story truly deserves a 9 out of ten rating. Now finally at second Boy Overboard. I liked this book as well but I believe that it was too long. I liked how that the story relates to real life and how realistic it is. This story is also about a boy who goes to Australia, well an island on top on Australia, going through very dangerous things. I rate it 7 out of 10. So over all I recommend these two books
    And Rats of Nimh!

29. I would like to review the book ‘ The Worry Website ‘. It is a very good book, about characters and their worries. Some worries are really intresting, one person’s worry was about them having a disability. It is very interesting, when they put descriptions in each person’s worry.

I Recommend It Very Much!!!

30. In learning centres in our groups, we got three books throughout term 3 and term 4 and they were fun to read. But today I will review the book “The Worry Website” and I personally think it’s a great book! It has amazing little stories like an all in one book. Once you start reading it you start enjoying it even more!

This book gets a good 5/5 from me!

31. I also liked the book ‘ Specky Magee ‘. It was a type of book that each chapter ended on a cliff-hanger. It isn’t a big book that will take you long to read, it is just the right size.

I Recommend It Very Much!!!

32. I really enjoyed Boy Overboard that we read in term 3 in learning centres because it talks about a boy that has to move countries because his country was in war. The book really caught your attention when you read it because whenever you finish a chapter you want to read more.